Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Training Music

I have just received Granda Martin's new mp3 player with instructions to compile him music to train with. He just wants about an hour or so but while doing a bit of searching on the net for the best training music, I realised that there is a lot more out there than just the Rocky soundtrack. I've tried to choose from a wide variety of music so that he can delete any he thinks are shit still having plenty to get through his training sesh.
Here's my compilation:

What you waiting for - Gwen Stiffanny
Welcome to the Jungle - Guns and Roses
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Ace of Spades - Moterhead
Push it to the Limit - Paul Engemann
Know your Enemy - Rage against the Machine
Killing in the name of - Rage against the Machine
Live and let die - Guns and Roses
Dancing on the Ceiling - Lionel Richie
Living after Midnight - Judas Priest
Spirit of Radio - Rush
Get it on - Kingdom come
Youth gone Wild - Skid Row
Final Countdown - Europe
Cold Metal - Iggy Pop
Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
I Need a Hero - Bonnie Tyler
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
Alive - Pearl Jam
She's a Maniac - Michael Sembello
Going gets Tough - Billy Ocean
Here I go Again - Whitesnake
Poison - Alice Cooper
No Easy Way Out - Rocky
Gonna Fly Now - Rocky
Hearts on Fire - Rocky
London Calling - The Clash
Hateful - The Clash
Time for Heroes - Libertines
Don't Look Back into the Sun - Libertines
Underpressure - Queen


Anyone got any suggestions on great training music?
I'd like to hear what you think.

6 comments:

the Martin said...

I think your right about Underpressure, I just listened to it again and it would be hard to get going to it...
The problem is that I don't want to get Limewire or Bearshare again because it fucks up Azureus so all the songs I chose were ones I already had. I took a list of 50 from a website for running music and uploaded the ones that I had, to be honest I thought it was pretty good.

Are you sure your not being overly critical?

Anonymous said...

Born to be wild - Steppenwolf,Crime of the Century - Supertramp(whole album),I don't like Monday's - Boomtown Rats,Chariots of Fire - theme tune - Vangelis,I love to Boogie - T-Rex,Fairytale of New York - The Pogues/Kirsty McColl,Dirty Old Town & And the band played waltzing matilda - The Pogues,A lil'Ole Bitty Pissant Country Place - Best little Whorehouse in Texas,Deuling Banjo's - from the film "Deliverance",Space Oddity - David Bowie,Dancing in the Streets - David Bowie/Mick Jagger.

ghg said...

Most of those won't work. Trust me on this. I've tried Cranberries Zombie for example, thinking it would be good but it wasn't inspiring at all just distracting. Here's my list compiled through trial and error, some are a bit weird but listen to them first before scoffing:

1. Du Hast (In fact anything by Rammstein, there's nothing quite like having insane German industrial techno rock screaming at you through your headphones).

2. Enae Volare Mezzo. Russian but a very very close second. Beyond inspiring, there's nothing like sparring with this in the background.

3. A country boy can survive. No idea why this one works but it does.

4. Firestarter Prodigy

5. Smack my bitch up Prodigy

6. Tomorrow, James

7. Lose Yourself Enimen

8. O Fortuna from the Carmina Burana (Not sure of spelling)

That'll do for now, I reckon. Dunc will have some good ones.

Duncan said...

I've already put a few on it as he got it when he was out in Oz. I think they were....
Smack my bitch up (Prodigy)
Mass Destruction (Faithless)
Are you gonna be my girl (Jet)
Another one bites the dust (Queen)
Take your mama (Scissor sisters)
Breathe (Prodigy)
Let me entertain you (Robbie williams)
Summer of 69 (Brian Adams)
Eye of the tiger (ROcky soundtrack)
I'm gonna be (500 miles) (Proclaimers)
Rock DJ (Robbie Williams)
Sin sin sin (Robbie Williams)
Blame it on the boogie (Michael Jackson)
Firestarter (Prodigy)
Smooth Criminal (Alien ant farm)
Mundian to bach ke (Punjabi MCs)
Bad (michael jackson)

I thought of a few others at the time but only put on ones I have on the computer already as I am too lazy to find the rest. Have about a 1000 songs so let me know what you're looking for and I can always set up an FTP server for you to get it from if I have it.

the Martin said...

I've given the MP3 player to aimpots cause she has limewire. But I am impressed with the response.

Anonymous said...

Not a bad list that you have,some soppy shit but each to there own.I believe that a classic song which is called o fortuna by carl orrf.You may have heard it as it is the song from the intro of the first jackass movie.A great piece of music if you like that classical stuff.Other suggestions are Metallicas sad but true,of wolf and man and also a personal favourite of mine,tim cappellos i still believe from the film lost boys.I also think that any great compilation of music needs at least 1 inspiring song...my choice is flower of scotland for obvious reasons.