Thursday, August 17, 2006

Groupwork - Catch up

4. Developing an image
Willy finally talks to me, we are in a splinter group together and he says
"see in the first week ah thought you wur a wierdo cause you wur talk'n aboot Jesus n'that"

Paul got kicked out for being disruptive even though for the first time he didn't say anything and was in fact the two Willies who were snapping at each other.
5. Effects of self and others
In an exercise we had to list people/situations were we felt the need to prove ourselves or compete. My contribution to the list was yourself and God. This provided entertainment for everyone in our group who again enquired to whether I was a Bible basher.
I then presented it to the rest of the class and again folk laughed at God.
However I hadn't seen my arch enemy's reaction but on the break he would make it clear just what he thought. While I was making a tea he squared up to me right in my face telling me to stop taking the piss out of God.
"Forgive me!" I replied turning to face him but couldn't keep the smile from my face.
"Think this is funny ya cunt!" his face moving closer.
"Listen Willy, I can say whatever the fuck I want" my grip tightens on my mug of brewing tea.
Just then Mark, one of the social workers enters, Willy turns away quickly saying "Eh he cannae talk aboot God"
"He can say whatever he wants Willy that's the point of these groups" replies Mark.
Willy heads outside to speak to the other guys and gather some allies in his quest to stop God being mentioned.

After the break we have a new exercise where we have to list 'Physical Wounds.'
I suggest the Stigmata which brings some cheer to the room and when Tam reads it out to the class Willy turns away from the class in a huff. What a baby...
6. Seeing the whole picture
Pretty uneventful, Rona was off sitting an exam so Mark filled in and handled Willy superbly well, so few interruptions that we finished an hour early.
7. Put yourself in other's shoes
In this session I was branded a racist because I claimed that Iraqi asylum seekers are terrorists. (I didn't know this till a week later in a one on one with Russell)
It was a role play where I (as the Iraqi electrician) had to enter a competition to win 30 grand. I said I wanted the money to make triggers for bombs to kill the infidels. Imagine thinking that's racist!
Brought up Allah but Willy didn't bite.
8. How does crime affect people
Can't remember.
9. Victims of crime
Can't remember
10. Review

In the last session in the Value's module we did a quiz. We split into 2 teams, I let Willy's team sprint to a 5 nil head start before I started answering. Willy got a little upset at me pulling it back and taking the lead 7 - 5. He began blurting out the answer after I 'beeped'. He then went in a huff when I got the points and he got told to stop interrupting saying 'they're cheating, they're letting them win!' hahahahahahaha what a baby, I've seen some childish antics from him over the last five weeks but this took the biscuit...
But the real action didn't begin till they got a wrong answer and I 'beeped'
the question was what judgements are given about the victim of shoplifting. Their team said that they are probably junkies so I beeped and said that it's a shop, so they're insured and can afford it. Willy went daft!!! 'you cannae jump in, your a cheating cunt!!!' It was priceless

No comments: